Why study at North Island College (NIC)?
• Quality assured through public funding, affiliations, articulation and external review
• Our instructors and support staff are professionals with you as their #1 priority
• Our libraries, laboratories and classrooms are modern and use up to date technologies
• Small campus - 3000 students - 70 international students from around the world
• Class sizes are small, normally 20 - 30 students and smaller in lab settings
• Tuition is affordable at $4455 per semester (4 months of study)
• Homestay, including a private room, is reasonably priced $700/month.
• A one bedroom apartment can be rented for $650/month.
3. Program choice
• Degrees in Business Administration, Fine Arts, Liberal Arts and Year 3 and 4 Nursing available
• University Studies Transfer - two years with guaranteed transfer to major university to complete your degree
• Diploma and certificate programs to prepare you for a career in:
• Business Accounting, Management and Marketing
• Tourism and Hospitality Management
• Fine Art
• Human Service
• Early Childhood Care and Education
• Professional Photography
• Web Development
• Communication Design
• Aircraft Structures
• and more...
College and university preparation including ESL, math, sciences, study skills.
4. Paid work study and internships options
Several programs include paid work placements. As well any international student is supported to complete an unpaid internship. Support is provided for applications for off campus and post graduate work permits.
• Comox Valley - friendly and safe seaside community where English is the language of communication
• Temperate climate - summer day time highs 25°, winter daytime highs 8°
• Direct flights daily to and from Vancouver