Study Canada
en Français    en Español
About Canada
Costs ($)
Getting a Visa
Student Services
Web Zine    Advertorials    Education Fairs and Events      

Select a school or program type then click Go.

-- or --

Advanced Search

* Not sure what school type to select? Click here.  

Receive more information about Canadian Education, register now.

Language Schools


Canada has two official languages, meaning that international students can come to Canada to study either English as a Second Language (ESL) or French as a Second Language (FSL).

International students can choose from short-term language programs, intensive immersions, executive or business programs and academic preparation courses. Some language schools offer programs that combine classroom studies with sightseeing and cultural activities, or work-study programs for advanced learners to practice their skills in the workplace. In addition, students can receive training in the teaching of ESL. Almost all universities and community colleges have ESL programs. In general, most private ESL schools are very flexible in terms of program requirements and intake dates.

FSL programs are offered both through private and public institutes. Most, but not all FSL schools are located in the province of Québec. Similar to ESL programs, students can usually enter an FSL school program at any time of the year for any length of study. Students enrolled in ESL or FSL programs for up to six months may study in Canada without a Study Permit.

Language School Requirements