About Canada
Costs ($)
Getting a Visa
Student Services
Countries that Require a Visitors Visa FAQ
Select a new school type and then click Go.
-- or --

Advanced Search

* Not sure what school type to select? Click here.  

Receive more information about Canadian Education, register now.


Application for a Study Permit - A Step by Step Guide



Please click the following for the Application Forms.


Study Permit Application Form


Additional Information Form
The abovementioned forms must be clearly handwritten or typed. The forms must then be signed and dated.


A non refundable processing fee is required in the form of a bankdraft in Canadian Dollars as follow :- 


Drawn on a bank in Canada or Malaysia, made payable to the RECEIVER GENERAL FOR CANADA


Enclose a photocopy of applicant’s passport showing the identity page and expiry date. At a later date, you will be required to submit your original passport as well as any previously used passport.


2 recent passport size photos with student's name, date of birth (and that of any accompanying spouse and children if applicable) must be written on the flip side of each photo. CLICK HERE for photograph specifications. In addition, the applicant's signature is required on the flip side of one photo.


Proof of sufficient funds in Applicant/Parent's/Sibling's/Grandparent's name for at least one year's living expenses (C$10,000.00) plus one year's tuition fees. Please submit their respective birth certificates to establish family relationship (where applicable).

This proof can be shown by producing
originals and a photocopy of one or more of the following documentation :- 


Bank statements for the last 3 months


Updated Fixed Deposits and / or savings funds


Tuition fee receipt from the Canadian Institution 


Bank Draft or its counterfoil in the name of the applicant or the Canadian institution for tuition fees.


If sponsored by Malaysian Government (JPA, MARA, etc.) submit Financial Affidavit / Letter.

If you do not wish to submit the originals of the abovementioned financial documentation, you can also submit certified (i.e. with the issuing organisation's rubber stamp, officer signature and the date of certification) photocopies.


Photocopy of your birth certificate and if applicable, your marriage certificate. If dependents are accompanying you to Canada, please submit their birth certificate/s.


For self/family sponsored students, a letter from your parent's employer confirming employment, salary and duration of employment. If your parent owns a business, a photocopy of your parent's company registration document or Form 49.


The original and a photocopy of the Letter of Acceptance signed by the Registrar or Principal of the Canadian institution indicating the exact date of commencement and completion of the course of study. Fax letters will not be accepted. Applicants using conditional letters of acceptance must submit proof that the condition stated in the Letter of Acceptance have been satisfied.


The original and photocopy of your most recent academic transcript and certificate. If you are currently or previously employed, you must also submit a letter(s) confirming your employment, salary and duration of employment.


If you are below 18 years of age at the time of application, then you are required to submit two signed declarations i.e.


A signed declaration by your parents notarized by a Commissioner of Oaths as well as


A signed declaration by the custodian in Canada notarized by a notary public in Canada. If you are attending a boarding school, this declaration can be signed by the school principal. In addition, the custodian in Canada must provide proof that the custodian is a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada of at least 19 years of age by providing a copy of the custodian's Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship card or Canadian landing document.

To obtain a copy of the parent and custodian declaration form, CLICK HERE.

 Study Permit (Visa) / CAQ »