en Français    en Español
About Canada
Costs ($)
Getting a Visa
Student Services
Guide Countries that Require a Study Permit Work and Study FAQ
Select a new school type and then click Go.
-- or --

Advanced Search

* Not sure what school type to select? Click here.  

Receive more information about Canadian Education, register now.


Study and Work in Canada

Work and Study in Canada

On-Campus Work
Full-time students registered in a degree or diploma-granting course are allowed to work on the campus of the institution at which they are registered without the need for an employment authorisation.  For more information see the Working on Campus section of the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website.

Off-Campus Work - NEW!
The Off-Campus Work Permit Program allows foreign students at some publicly-funded post-secondary educational institutions in Canada to work off campus while completing their studies.  For eligibility and requirements see the Working Off-Campus section of the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website.

Post-Graduation Work
The post-graduation work program allows some graduating students to gain Canadian work experience in their field of study. Since May 16, 2005, this program has allowed certain students to work for up to two years after their graduation. For eligibility and requirements visit the Post-Graduation Work Permits section of the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website.

Other Work and Study Programs
Eligibility and requirement information on work permits for students at private institutions, work permits for spouses or common-law partners, and co-op and internship programs can also be found on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website.

Learn More About Canada: FAQ