About Canada
Costs ($)
Getting a Visa
Student Services
Guide Countries that Require a Visitors Visa FAQ
Select a new school type and then click Go.
-- or --

Advanced Search

* Not sure what school type to select? Click here.  

Receive more information about Canadian Education, register now.


Getting a Visa to Study in Canada

Getting a Visa to Study in Canada

Depending on your country of origin and the type and length of study, you may require:
A temporary resident visa
A study permit
 For Quebec-bound students, a CAQ (Quebec Application Certificate)

The type of documentation required depends on your country of origin, the program you are taking, and the length of your study:
Any study program of up to six months: no study permit is required
Programs longer than six months require a study permit

If you will be studying in a program of six months or less, but think you may continue your studies in another program after this short-term program is completed, you should apply for a study permit before you come to Canada. If you do not have a valid study permit and wish to continue your studies, you will have to leave Canada in order to apply for one.

NOTE: A temporary resident visa may be required depending on your country of origin. Please see the list of countries that require a temporary resident visa as provided by Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
More information on the process of applying for a study permit is available on Citizenship and Immigration Canada's web site.

Students applying from Singapore, please CLICK HERE for more details.


Learn More About Canada: Guide