About Canada
Costs ($)
Getting a Visa
Student Services
Advertorials  Contact  Pre-departure Guide Online Counsellor WHP Canada  
Select a new school type and then click Go.
-- or --

Advanced Search

* Not sure what school type to select? Click here.  

Receive more information about Canadian Education, register now.


 Short-term Study Options

Temporary residents in Canada (including visitors and Working Holiday Program participants) can study in Canada for up to six months, without needing to apply for a Study Permit. A huge range of shorter diploma or certificate programs that focus on technical, career-ready skills are available at university colleges, colleges, technical institutes and private career colleges. Many of these programs are ideally suited for young Australians on the Working Holiday Program (WHP Canada).

The list below includes just some of your study options. For more information and ideas use our advanced school search, or visit the websites of the Association of Canadian Community Colleges Canada (www.accc.ca) or the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada (www.aucc.ca).

Some of your study options…

NEW! University of Alberta (Edmonton, Alberta)

International Summer School

Including: Academic undergraduate credit courses in various disciplines including: Humanities, Life & Environmental Sciences, Native Studies, Physical Education and Recreation (wilderness, river, and dance).

Program length varies from 3-6 weeks. Choice of courses varies during May-June and July-August semesters. Scholarships available.

Bodwell College (Vancouver, British Columbia) http://www.bodwell.edu/

Certificate in Art & Design Studies (320 hours / 4 months, C$5,600)

Certificate in Computing Technology Studies
(320 hours / 4 months, C$5,600)

Capilano College (North Vancouver, British Columbia) http://www.capcollege.bc.ca/

Certificate in Animation Fundamentals (8 weeks)

Certificate in Computer Animation and Visual Effects (8 weeks)

Certificate in Accounting Support (6 months)

Certificate in Business Fundamentals (4 months)

Citation in Film Craft (14 weeks)

Certificate in Home Support / Resident Care Attendant (5 months)

Certificate in Wilderness Leadership (14 weeks)

Advanced Certificate in Wilderness Leadership (14 weeks)

College of the Rockies (Cranbrook, British Columbia) http://www.cotr.bc.ca/internl

Ecotourism Expedition Leadership Program http://www.cotr.bc.ca/ecotour

Conestoga College (Kitchener, Ontario) http://www.conestogac.on.ca/

Certificate programs in many areas

Including: Human Resources, Management Skills, Office Assistant, Project Management, Health & Community Services, Digital Media & Information Technology, General Arts & Science.

Program length varies from 200 hours to 24 weeks.
Many available part-time.

Norquest College (Edmonton, Alberta) http://www.norquest.ca

Licensed Practical Nurse Continuing Education (< 6 months) -
will receive a certificate of completion for each course taken

Health Care Aide Continuing Education (< 6 months) - courses may be customized to suit length of stay and desired start times

Revelstoke English Language School / Emily Carr Institute of Art and Design (British Columbia Rockies)

http://www.englishlanguagesschool.ca or http://www.cs.eciad.ca

Outdoor Art Series Workshops

  1. Photographing Nature: A Workshop in Digital Photography
  2. Watercolours en Plein Air: Capturing the Mountains and the Sky
  3. Video Techniques: Beyond the Vacation Video

Workshops are for 6 days. C$3,500 includes accommodation, meals, local transport and tuition.

Available in summer (June or August).

Université de Montréal (Montréal, Québec) http://www.universitedete.umontreal.ca

Summer School Language Programs

Including: Allemand, Anglais, Espagnol, Français, Italien, Japonais

Program length varies from 4-8 weeks. Most courses are available in May or June.