About Canada
Costs ($)
Getting a Visa
Student Services
Advertorials  Contact  Pre-departure Guide Online Counsellor WHP Canada  
Select a new school type and then click Go.
-- or --

Advanced Search

* Not sure what school type to select? Click here.  

Receive more information about Canadian Education, register now.


Study & Work in Canada!

Do you want to learn new skills and plan for a future career, while living and working in Canada? Are you an Australian citizen, aged 18-30 years? Check out your study options on the Working Holiday Program to Canada (WHP Canada).

Why Study and Work in Canada?

Combining work and study provides you great opportunities to learn new skills, to enhance job prospects and even to launch a new career when you return home.

In Canada, you can choose from a vast array of high quality programs, to help you acquire the skills and knowledge you need for your future career. Canada is home to world-class universities and colleges and offers a high standard of education at reasonably low costs. Further a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate is well regarded in business, government and academic circles around the globe.

Temporary residents in Canada (including visitors and Working Holiday Program participants) can study in Canada for up to six months, without needing to apply for a Study Permit. A huge range of shorter diploma or certificate programs that focus on technical, career-ready skills are available at university colleges, colleges, technical institutes and private career colleges. Many of these programs are ideally suited for young Australians on the Working Holiday Program (WHP Canada).

There are a wide-variety of study options available—including—but not limited to: Art & Design; French language; Hospitality; Information Technology; Office Management; Outdoor Photography; Teaching English as a Second Language; Tourism; Wilderness leadership; and many more! Click here for a selected list of available courses, or email cecaustralia@studycanada.ca.

These programs vary in length from just a few weeks to six months. Longer programs of study, including degree programs at universities and university colleges, as well as some diplomas and advanced diplomas, are also available. NB: Programs of study longer than six months require a Study Permit.

Find out more about your study options?

What is the Working Holiday Program to Canada (WHP Canada)?

The WHP Canada offers young Australians (aged 18-30 years) opportunities to live and work in Canada on a working holiday visa for up to two years. There is no limit to the number of times young Australians can participate, provided all admissibility and eligibility criteria continue to be met. The WHP Canada also allows for study in Canada for up to six months, without needing to apply for a separate Study Permit. There is no quota and no limit to the number of places available under the WHP Canada program. Everything you need to know about the WHP Canada, including eligibility and how to apply, is available at the WHP Canada official website at: www.whpcanada.org.au. You should review all the information on this website carefully before applying.

Where do I get more information?

Click here for a list of course suggestions. All courses listed are less than six months and are ideal for young Australians on the Working Holiday Program in Canada.

You can also search for certificate and diploma courses yourself, using the searchable online program databases available through the Association of Canadian Community Colleges Canada (www.accc.ca) or the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada (www.aucc.ca).

Or contact us for advice at: cecaustralia@studycanada.ca.